On 2/24/12 6:13 AM, Ken Corey wrote:

For #1, I'm envisioning being able to download each module as a separate
standalone, and open it as a substack from within the Login module. Is
that the way it should work, or is there a better way?

Well, you can't open standalones as substacks. The way to do this is to use the "splash screen" approach, where your mainstack is a compiled app and any modules you want to add are just stacks. The mainstack opens the document stacks with "go to stack". The mainstack can (and should) contain all the common code that the document stacks need. The stack script is put in use automatically in a standalone so its scripts will be available globally to all open stacks. With this approach you only need to swap in the new stacks and the standalone can remain unchanged.

For #2, doesn't this technically count as "downloading executable code"
under iOS, which would make it a no-no? What's the principle of IAP when
it's adding new functionality? I read the IAP tutorial on runrev's site,
and it wasn't discussed.

I think this would be a concern, but I don't know what Apple would say. I suppose it depends on what your modules do, but I'm not sure if Apple looks at add-ons based on behaviors, or whether they just reject anything scripted automatically. If your main compiled standalone can contain all the active code and your document stacks have almost no scripts at all, then maybe they'd accept it. I think this is something we'd all like to know.