On 2/23/12 10:55 PM, ilsa wrote:
Hi:

Thanks. I was trying the below in my stack script, which I got from a
Jacquie message on the list:

global gFP

on appleEvent pClass, pID
    if pClass is "aevt" and pID is "odoc" then
      -- the file path is in the appleEvent data
      request appleEvent data
      put it into gFP
      -- open the file here
      put gFP into field "gFP" of card 1
    else
      pass appleEvent
    end if
end appleEvent

But the standalone I build doesn't respond, and the field doesn't get populated.

I don't remember posting that, but I could have, it's a common handler that is used by a lot of people. I don't think you need the global variable though.

The handler should work, you should see a file path appear in the field named "gFP" when you drop a file onto the app icon in the Dock or in the Finder. (It won't work if you are dropping files onto the open stack window.)

You could add a temporary answer dialog to the "else" clause that would tell you if the event is being passed instead of handled. Or add an answer dialog before the "if" to see if the handler is running at all.