On 3/19/12 12:14 AM, Nicolas Cueto wrote:

what must I do to ensure that those directories and their contents get
placed on my Android tablet during either "test" in the IDE or when
building an apk to export for an install from the tablet.

Add them using the Copy Files pane. Click the Folder button and select a folder. It will show in the list as the folder name followed by "/*".

The path to a file inside a folder will be like this:

 specialFolderPath("engine") & "/foldername/file.png"