I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. The problem: my standalone app is a 'splash' style app and didn't have a DG substack of its own. I added a DG to the standalone app stack, made it small, hid it and never use it. Now when I make it into a standalone, the Standalone Builder finds the unused DG and includes the needed support for DGs. Result: The DGs in all parts of my app now work fine.

Phil