On 4/17/12 10:47 AM, Colin Holgate wrote:
You have to wait for it to download before you can use it, but you
don't have to wait for it to download if you're just installing it.
With Android the download stage is ahead of the installing stage. The
Android download, accept permissions, install stages, are the
equivalent of the single touch you do with BetaBuilder. I'm not sure
how it is with AirLaunch.

AirLaunch and BetaBuilder are similar in that they prepare files for OTA installation, but BetaBuilder has more manual steps and requires separate apps to build the .ipa and upload to a server. AirLaunch does all that by itself and is integrated with LiveCode.

The differences between Android and iOS installations seem pretty minor to me though. The extra click to accept permissions isn't much of an inconvenience, and has the advantage of allowing you to abort the installation if you want.