Jacque.

Klaus had said that there is a bug in the standalone builder, that non-LC
externals are not loaded into the package. He is right. But, I wrote this to
Klaus in the forum:

Klaus.
You are right, the bundle is not included in the package contents. However:

1- Neither is it included in the package contents on my developing Mac. Putting
it there, or removing it does not change the fact that the standalone works on
that machine. So the reference to that bundle, or the bundle itself, is
embedded somehow in the package, and not simply based on the presence of that
file in the right place.

2- Including it in the externals folder in the standalone on the daughter
machine does not make that app work there.

3- Building the standalone from the IDE ON THE DAUGHTER MACHINE, all works
fine, and the external is still not loaded in the externals folder of the
package contents.

Klaus, for a second there I thought you had nailed it. I cannot use standalones
at all, since if anything goes wrong, I cannot just load another copy to the
machine with the problem. Either I have to use the IDE everywhere, or would
have to rebuild the standalone from LC resident on that machine.

Thanks for your time. Though I have learned something about the package that
the standalone builder creates, I am still at a loss.

Jacque. If I do not include a full pathname to the external in the stack
inspector, neither the IDE stack nor the standalone will work.The external is
not seen unless I go through the process form the "external references" pane,
navigating to the external.