The application I’m working on needs to store possibly confidential client info
on the user’s hard drive. It's asking for an optional password. (The password
is optional because it’s up to the user whether they want the extra
protection). If they DO input a password, and subsequently forget it, how can I
provide a non-internet-based mechanism for retrieving or resetting the password?

I thought I’d ask them to re-authenticate as the current user at the OS level,
the way many programs do. How might that be done in LC?

Perhaps there’s another way?

Tereza Snyder
Califex Software, Inc.
<www.califexsoftware.com>