On 09/09/2012 12:45 PM, Richmond wrote:
I'm sure there are many factors involved, but I think one of the
primary reasons Apple doesn't want the OS used on other hardware is to
avoid the mess that Microsoft got themselves into by licensing to any
PC distributor. By retaining control of both software and hardware, it
"just works" -- at least, most of the time.

Funny how Linux distros don't seem to get in "the mess" regardless.

Richmond, you must be aware that there are all kinds of hardware compatibility issues one has to consider when contemplating putting Linux on any computer. It is also true that some of these issues have resulted in hostility directed at hardware vendors who aren't seen as friendly enough to the open-source community.

Warren