I have had to make a lot of ogg files lately, and I use Audio-Converter. It
does have AU in its long list of formats:

http://www.hewbo.com/free-audio-converter.html

You can have it save the new file back into the folder the source file was
located, which means I can do a Find on a set of folders on the server, looking
for WAV or AIF, and drag the list of found files onto the audio converter
window. They quickly get batched converted back into the many source folders.