Hello,

I find that the the blinking insertion cursor is not displayed in Livecode 5.5.2 in the IDE, and carrying over through a standalone. This happens running openSUSE 12.1, KDE and Mint 9, Gnome. Toggling desktop effects in SUSE makes no difference, Mint is running in VirtualBox without effects. It's a little awkward.

I also have the phantom pointer in SUSE, where after launch the pointer disappears over the IDE toolbar and tools palette. It displays when over the message box or a stack, but disappears again over the toolbar and tools palette. It also does not display over an inspector palette, but does change to the I bar over the text fields (insertion point is still invisible), disappearing again when leaving them. Opening the dictionary resolves the problem for the rest of the session. The dictionary doesn't have to stay open. Toggling effects doesn't fix it and I tried a couple of different cursor themes, animated and non-animated, and that didn't make a difference.

Can someone confirm or deny?

Warren