On Sep 26, 2012, at 4:10 PM, Monte Goulding <mo...@sweattechnologies.com> wrote:
> If you work out how to get a library to listen to changes in a datagrid
> (which you will need to do if you want to bind it to a table) then could you
> post it on the list. I have a custom control (mergDataGridScroller) that
> needs to know when the data is changed. At the moment it requires you to
> dispatch updateContentRect to it after changing the datagrid data but if it
> could listen to changes it would be nicer. I can't se anything in the api
> that helps me with that though.

One thing to note…. I drive the population of the grid from the DB.  When
changes occur to the DB, and if a grid needs to be updated it is updated.  If I
need to update a row in the Grid with a script, I update the DB, that in turn
updates the correct row in the Grid.  Therefor the only changes that I need to
listen for on the grid are user edits.  I *think* i can get what I want with
this.

on CloseFieldEditor
   put the dgControl of the target into theGrid
   send "DataGridEdited theGrid" to me in 1 millisecond
end CloseFieldEditor

on DataGridEdited theGrid
   -- grab the data and store it.
   -- since I have a reference to the grid I can get its data.
end DataGridEdited

Or this is where I am at so far….

The "send" to me in 1 millisecond is key.  Since that is what allows the Field
editor to close.

I think I will be able to get what I need from the grids to automatically save
the data, but I don't think it is going to help you, Monte :-(.  You probably
need a message on any change to the data in a grid regardless of how it is
made.  I only care about user edits.

Todd

--
Todd Geist