Ken Ray wrote:
> Custom Props:
>    Cons: *Much* easier to accidentally store permanently what
> should be a temporary change to a value (for stacks that need to call
> "save" for any reason); more difficult to use (gMyGlobal vs. "the
> uWidgetType of btn 3 of card 123 of stack 'WhoTheHellCares'")
>
> I'm sure there's more, but those are what popped into my head.  :D

Here's one more for custom props:

They may be best used very sparingly because they can potentially be unreliable.

If any script attempts to get or set a custom property while the lockMessages is true, any getProp or setProp messages won't be triggered.

If such handlers are necessary for execution unexpected behaviors will occur, and given the nature of such scripts tracking down the cause of the errant behavior can be tricky and time-consuming.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World