Peter Haworth wrote:
I'm still somewhat confused by GPS licensing for plugins, especially
helpers like my lcStackbrowser. It's purely a dev tool, nothing to be
included in a standalone. I'm under the impression I cannot charge for it
under the GPS license.

The GPL does not place any restrictions on whether or not you ask a price for software (the GPL is about "free as in freedom", not "free as in beer"). In fact, Stallman himself used to sell floppies with GNU utilities.

But since the source code must be available for most projects, and anyone receiving the code has the freedom to share it however they like, in the Internet age where everything is just one click away and there's no need to reproduce software on disk selling GPL'd software is rarely done.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World