On 06/05/2013 02:30 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:
Related: I have an illustrator friend who's done work for Marvel, Disney,
and similar large media companies.  When it comes to rights/ownership of
work (which is always the company), the contracts provided by the media
companies literally use the word "universe" to describe the extents of
where their ownership applies.  So unless you have the ability to travel
to a different universe, your contract always remains in force.

The other day I was having a long-distance phone call with a friend of mine who lives on a planet revolving round Alpha Centauri and he pointed out that as they invented a patenting system about 50,000 years before we did all of our patents were not worth a fig in terms of the 'universe'.

LOL.

Richmond.

I imagine the corporate lawyers will soon add an addendum that covers time
travel, so you can't go back and break the contract before it was written.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design