On 14/06/2013, at 12:34 PM, Ralph DiMola wrote:

> What's the current scuttlebutt on Android Externals?

Well... at the moment I'm working out how to do old style externals for
android... I've got it working for iOS with mergJSON and it looks like I can do
the same for android once I work out the nitty gritty... It's how RunRev do
their externals but I need to massage it all into something less specific to
their repo... Then we will have cross platform C/C++ externals.... Beyond that
is what we really want in a Java interface and at the moment because I haven't
really done any JNI before I'm just following along with great interest what
RunRevMark and Jan are doing/discussing while making some contributions to the
way the interface definition files are compiled...

The other thing I've been doing is playing with OS X externals using the new
externals sdk which after a bugfix to the engine from RunRevMark is working
pretty nicely so mergAV, mergAWS and possibly some others (maybe the
forthcoming mergSocket... ) will be available on OS X soonish... The nice thing
about that is you can test in the IDE...

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services