On 6/30/13 7:04 PM, Michael Kann wrote:
J,

I tried to reply but the moderator says too many characters. Anyway,
here's my question: According to rule 5 everything is grouped. Does
that mean everything is also alphabetized.

Nope, nothing is alphabetized, not even the ID blocks (my fake data set just happens to be, sorry.) Lines are in a fixed pattern so can't be rearranged, the original order must be maintained. In fact, one main reason for the verification test is to determine if there are out of order entries. I.e., ensure that line 5 hasn't been inadvertently moved under line 148. Or that line 3 hasn't been swapped with line 4, which puts the sections out of order. Same for subsections, they must follow each other in the order listed.

So you're looking for sequencing anomalies, typos and duplicates.