> I'd like to know that too, especially for school lab computers. I'd also like
> to know how I should calculate the minimum requirements.

Perhaps school districts have guidelines for memory requirements of purchased
software as well as upgrade/retire memory requirements for computers in place.
That is, your contacts might be able to steer you to district policy that helps.

My guess is that most computers in schools were purchased 4 years ago (with
20-year bonds) and have memory for OS+Word or OS+Photoshop.  So, maybe 2G?
This is just a very wild guess.

Dar