On 7/22/13 7:50 AM, André Bisseret wrote:
Since your posts I made a number of trials during the weekend,
following your suggestions but with no success.

I'm still not sure why you need to translate the file paths. I've never needed to do that. This always works:

answer file "Choose a file:"
if it = "" then exit to top
put url ("file:" & it) into tVar

The special characters used by both MacOS and Windows are translated by the OS itself, so I never need to worry about what comes back from the "answer file" command. I just use whatever it gives me and the OS manages it.

Can't you just get "the files" and use whatever it sends back to the script?