Having invested a lot of time and effort into Unicode work over the last few years, and, should it suddenly yield a semi-respectable financial reward, I will seriously consider investing in the Commercial version of Livecode when all the kickstarter goals have
been completed.

What worries me is how 'real' this will turn out to be:

"We need to ensure that all existing LiveCode script will continue to work as it currently does"

in terms of this:

"We are replacing all engine string usage with a modern form that will allow us to provide transparent unicode support".

I have no particular urge to have to recode 4 years of scripting.

Richmond.