On 01/10/2013, at 7:58 AM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> Looks like mergPop is crashing my app on an iPad running iOS 5.1.1. It seems
> to work fine under iOS 7. Not sure yet about iOS 6.x. All your other
> externals that I'm using seem fine. But if I include mergPop, the app crashes
> immediately upon launching.
>
> What other info can I provide that would help track down the problem?

I've worked it out. I had made some changes to my version of lclink.sh to allow
weak linking but I did some better changes and contributed them to the livecode
repo. The changes weren't compatible with each other and there were a few
externals that need some manual changes to the .ios files for the new version.

FWIW the changes allow you to write weak-framework instead of framework and
also to write something like weak-framework-6.0 Social for a framework you only
want linked if you are building against an sdk version and above. mergPop has
issues here because it uses the UIActivityViewController which is 6.0+.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services