On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Peter Haworth <p...@lcsql.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM, J. Landman Gay <jac...@hyperactivesw.com
> >wrote:
>
> Gave that a whirl but no difference.  The only one that gives access to the
> settings is dropshadow.
>
> Peter,

I'm seeing exactly the same as you.

Community 6.1.1, OS X 10.8.4

I also checked 6.0 and 6.0.2 and it's the same. I'm also not sure that it
makes sense, but then again I've never used these effects so I don't know
their logic. Why are they check boxes and not radio buttons. If I want a
DropShadow and an InnerGlow the current set up seems to suggest that I have
to have all the same settings, same colour, same opacity, same size etc.
Surely they should be independent, maybe I want a grey shadow but an orange
glow, maybe I want their opacity to be different; in which case they should
be radio buttons and the independent settings displayed as you select each
single effect.

Or is the current set-up saying that DropShadow is the only one that you
can manipulate and that Mr Apple has determined the exact look and feel of
all the other options?