On 10/12/13 2:18 PM, Richmond wrote:

I'm all in favour of more people learning how to program computers.

What I am not in favour of is giving people the false impression that it
does involve quite a bit of time adf effort.

You mean "doesn't involve" I think.

I can only think of all those people who didn't know they could program, and who never in a million years thought they'd want to, back when HyperCard came out. Suddenly everyone was a programmer, even the "morons."

And yes, most of their attempts were awful and the AOL forum was filled with crap from little kids and inept adults, but...they were programming. And some of those people got hooked and went on from there.

Like me. One of the best gifts my husband ever gave me was a pocket protector as acknowledgement that I'd "arrived."