As a follow-up to my question regarding LiveCode in elementary schools, I'm
wondering if there is  a need for research to compare programming/development
environments for children.  So I paid an online visit to code.org.  I was happy
to see LiveCode represented on http://code.org/learn (under Other Learning
Options) among the many programming/coding environments.

After playing around with some of the other tools, it didn't take long to dawn
on me that LiveCode is, at the very least, the best option for text
manipulation.  I'm now wondering if age appropriateness is a factor, and if
LiveCode has been formally compared with some of the other tools.  Any

Thanks to Jacqueline, Cyril, David, and Peter for responding with the helpful
information to my inquiry about LiveCode in elementary schools.

Joseph Martinez
UNM - Los Alamos