Alright I think I've said what I wanted on assert, so my next problem is with
the SQLite syntax changes. The "new" binary mode is in fact just the default
SQLite way to use binary.

Because of that, I strongly would prefer to make that the default, and
deprecate the LC way of storing binary in sqlite. However that's of course not
really an option, because it'd have the possibility of breaking old code. The
chosen approach is also highly flawed, because developers will always have to
use the binary option for all new code, forever, or be incompatible with all
other SQLite implementations worldwide.

Because those two options are suboptimal, I think the approach should be
changed in this way instead of what RunRev has proposed:

- Binary data should always be written into SQLite in the standard SQLite way.
- When reading, LC converts binary data to normal binary data without user
interaction, no matter how it is stored in the db, wether it's LC-properietary
or standard
- Remove the "binary" option from the revOpenDatabase function

That way, new code doesn't need to include additional options forever, and
backwards compatibility is still guaranteed.

--

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers: