Hi Mats,

(Almost?) all e-mail clients have an option to quote the message that is being answered. If you check this option in the preferences of your client, the previous message will be included automatically.

Usually, you can also choose whether the previous message should be before (above) or after (below) your own text. Personally, I prefer to read quoted messages below the answer, because that doesn't force me to scroll down to the new reply in every single e-mail.

If you are using webmail, things may be slightly more complicated. Not every webmail system has the same options and they are not always called the same. E.g. Yahoo has quoting turned of by default, because they want you to use their threading system. There is a way to turned it on, but I don't recall how. I never use webmail.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com