On 03/19/2014 12:39 PM, Richmond wrote:
to do this I have had to nest

For whose benefit? That was not in any sense necessary. It was your preference. You could have just as easily constructed a coherent response addressing all the points in a single block. It wouldn't have taken advanced writing skills to do. I am confident you are capable of this.

What I meant be "arrogant strategy" is that after more than a couple of rounds, a thread in which people are nesting comments often becomes very difficult to follow and respond to, which may limit further responses. Also, useful information can become buried and hard to extract, which naturally makes it potentially less useful. I don't mean to imply that you or anyone is motivated by these negative possibilities, I do wonder, though, how much thought is given to them. "Short-sighted" might be another appropriate and less inflammatory description.

I have noticed that you are not alone in preferring this approach; I only seem to single you out because I was replying to you. Rest assured I dislike it just as much when someone else employs it. That's what motivated me to say the problem (as I see it) is getting worse.

Cheers,

Warren