Thank you again Jacqueline for some excellent suggestions.
If I install 6.1.2 and do not like it, will I have any issues going back to 6.1.1? I think it is very weird that when I install a newer version of LC, it keeps all of the old versions on my computer. But maybe that is by design for some reason I don't know about? What I mean is this: I could install 6.1.2, but then if I uninstall 6.1.2 later, will 6.1.1 still work like it did originally, or will there be some weird issues with it?
Thanks, Larry

----- Original Message ----- From: "J. Landman Gay" <jac...@hyperactivesw.com>
To: "How to use LiveCode" <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2014 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: Dialog freezes app on Windows after sleep

On 3/29/14, 6:13 PM, la...@significantplanet.org wrote:
I'm using 6.1.1 Community on XP Service Pack 3.
I routinely have the IDE freeze up and I cannot do anything - including
not being able to save.
Any ideas on that?

Not really, but the most stable version in the 6.1 series is 6.1.2 which I still use quite a bit for older stacks. You could try that. There was a known issue with 6.6 freezing and that's been fixed in 6.7 so that may be another version you'd want to move to.

If it always happens in the same handler or stack, it would point to something in the scripts.