On 02/04/14 15:39, Fraser Gordon wrote:
On 2 Apr 2014, at 13:15, Richmond <richmondmathew...@gmail.com> wrote:

Re: Diacritics. While you are a real computer programmer (which I am most
definitely not), I have an M.A. in Linguistics.

I remembered your interest in linguistics shortly after sending the email and
felt rather silly for providing egg-sucking instructions! I'm also not
necessarily a real computer programmer (I just play one on TV) - my
qualifications are in physics and electronic engineering… nobody seems to have
noticed yet, thankfully ;)

However, my problem was not with "Diacritic" as such, but the syntax of
codepointProperty, and, wanting to
"play around with it" to see how it worked, my 'natural' first stop was to have
a look in 7.0's dictionary
(mind you, it may not be up-to-date).
There should be an entry for it (at least there is in my copy). If you want to get an
idea of what properties are provided, go to http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr44/ and
scroll down to section 5 "Properties". Not all the properties in that table
work but most of them do.

Thanks. That's great.

Regards,
Fraser