"Oh my Mangoes!"

Sheesh, after all these years I did not know this? ha.... Thank you!

hhhm me thinks a feature request is in order... a new IDE prop "show grid" as a default, locked layer 1 object behind everything else, that still functions the way the invisible one does.

J. Landman Gay wrote:

It's built-in but invisible. In preferences, go to the Appearance pane and set the grid spacing to whatever you want. In the View menu, be sure Grid is selected. After that, dragging an object will snap it to the nearest gridline.