I have a scrolling field that contains a number of lines. Some of the lines
begin with “CHC".  I have been trying to number only the lines between lines
that contain “CHC”  and then starts numbering again between the next pair of
lines containing “CHC”

For example,

CHC
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
CHC
1.
2.
3.
CHC
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

I have tried different variations with the following script and achieved
numbering sequentially between CHC lines but the numbering does not start over
after each line CHC line.

repeat with i = 1 to the number of lines in field “recommendations"
         if "CHC" is not among the words of line i in field "recommendations"
         then
            put i &"."& space before line i of field "recommendations"
         end if
end repeat

Any suggestions?

Charles Szasz