On 16 May 2014, at 8:34 am, Richard Gaskin <ambassa...@fourthworld.com> wrote:

> On another note, as I promised you last week I did ask Ben if RunRev planned
> on open-sourcing the On-Rev real-time debugger.  He's not sure and will check
> with Kevin, but he did confirm my hunch that it requires specific sockets
> open on the server so it won't be useful for anyone on a shared host, only a
> dedicated server where they can run custom daemons.  I'll let you know when I
> hear back from him on that.

I suspect that this would be suitable for many small businesses that have
virtual, co-located or in-house servers. I, for one, would be VERY interested
in that: I have a business that sets up turn-key server solutions for small
enterprise, and being able to remote-debug LiveCode scripts would mean I'd be
more inclined to use LiveCode-based solutions for my clients.

> Also, he let me know that the developer working on it reports that he's about
> a week or two away from completion.  Nothing set in stone, of course, because
> it's a busy place there with team members wearing multiple hats, but at the
> moment things look promising for a rollout of the new On-Rev debugger
> reasonably soon.

Oooooooh, wonderful!!! :-)

--
Igor Couto