On Jul 27, 2014, at 12:25 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I prefer bottom posting too, but since I started answering occasionally from
> my tablet (like now) I've found it's difficult to do. So now my style varies
> depending on what kind of electronics I'm using,  and I became more lenient
> when I see it from others.
>
> I think our new electronics may have changed the old rules.

A good example of how poor software design interferes with usability. An email
client should have a preference for setting top or bottom posting in replies.
Many don't. Unfortunately we all end up having to put up with poorly designed
software. Unless you can roll your own with LC!  :-)

So we adapt. But you know your software package is badly designed when you call
the help desk when you're stymied on a particular task and the help desk person
says, "Yeah, here's how you get around that…." (Actually happened to me 8
months ago. And the problem is still not fixed.)

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmb...@gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig