On Aug 15, 2014, at 6:35 PM, Alain Farmer <alain_far...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I browsed their entire site. Their information [about what it is] is
> extremely scant.
> OTOH, there are currently LOTS of Cloud-hosted servers available.
> DigitalOcean, the one I'm using, only costs $5 per month, for the equivalent
> of my own server.
> They are a BIG operation,and therefore I am fairly confident about their
> ability to shoulder the load.
> I can install one of many OS'es, LAMP, and anything I wish; full root
> control, no limits.
>
> To make LiveCloud interesting, they would at-the-very-least have to offer as
> much power, reliability and low-cost as other cloud servers do. Plus I would
> expect additional LiveCode-specific features, such-as an API that can be
> scripted with LiveCode, Certainly I expect the database to inter-operate with
> LiveCode. But how much control over them in LiveCloud ?

Hi Alain,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. Our goal is simple. We want
to make a very easy to use database available to everyone. Databases by their
nature are complex in their setup, management, and use. The problem is
compounded for new developers.

The native LiveCode APIs we have created cover all the CRUDL operations plus a
lot of other functions we have found useful for making our products possible.

The local database storage will be free for all to use. The local database will
probably be sufficient for a huge number of LiveCode developers. The cloud
database is free to use for everyone during our beta phase.

The best I can offer those that are interested is a download link to the
LiveCloud Manager: http://livecloud.io/live-code-manager-download-page/

Make a database today and see what it is about. The Canela team is available to
answer all questions that come up.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
CanelaSoftware.com