If I change the "answer" line to this it works:

 answer warning pString with pBtn1 and pBtn2

If you want a more flexible handler that answers with regular, warning, or info icons, then you'd need to pass that in a parameter and branch the handler depending on the type. I wasn't able to get it to compile with this:

 answer pType pString with pBtn1 and pBtn2

so you'd need to do:

on answerWithLoc pType,pString,pBtn1,pBtn2
  set the vis of stack "answer dialog" to false
  switch pType
    case "warning"
      answer warning pString with pBtn1 and pBtn2
      break
    case "info"
      answer info pString with pBtn1 and pBtn2
      break
    default
      answer pString with pBtn1 and pBtn2
  end switch
  set the loc of stack "answer dialog" to the loc of this stack
  set the vis of stack "answer dialog" to true
end answerWithLoc