On 8/25/2014, 5:46 AM, Graham Samuel wrote:
For those interested, I have reported the bug below and (separately)
the fact that 'openField' can be triggered in surprising
circumstances (the subject of my original post under this heading) -
which people here have reported as being an ancient quirk of
LiveCode, Runtime Revolution and maybe even MetaCard. Interestingly,
RunRev have now accepted BOTH these as bugs (13274 and 13271).

Thanks for doing that. The automatic selection dates back to MetaCard 1.0. I complained about it and was told to just put in an offscreen field at layer 1, so I gave up and accepted it as "just one of those things." It will be nice not to have to deal with that any more. Any developer who wants auto-select can easily add it in an opencard handler, but getting rid of an unwanted one requires a convoluted fix.