Hi,

I am not well up on colour but have dabbled with NSColor in Cocoa.

There are numerous methods for creating an NSColor:

Creating an NSColor Object from Component Values
+ colorWithCalibratedHue:saturation:brightness:alpha:
+ colorWithCalibratedRed:green:blue:alpha:
+ colorWithCalibratedWhite:alpha:
+ colorWithCatalogName:colorName:
+ colorWithDeviceCyan:magenta:yellow:black:alpha:
+ colorWithDeviceHue:saturation:brightness:alpha:
+ colorWithDeviceRed:green:blue:alpha:
+ colorWithDeviceWhite:alpha:
+ colorWithCIColor:
+ colorWithColorSpace:components:count:
+ colorWithSRGBRed:green:blue:alpha:
+ colorWithGenericGamma22White:alpha:
+ colorWithHue:saturation:brightness:alpha:
+ colorWithRed:green:blue:alpha:
+ colorWithWhite:alpha:

Could it be that LiveCode is using the incorrect method of
determining/obtaining the colour.

If you wish to read up on NSColor follow this link:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSColor_Class/Reference/Reference.html

All the best

and good luck.

Terry