JB wrote:

For now I will not use recursive to list files or folders.

I think we've established that recursion errors are the symptom but not the problem (that is, unless you have directory structures deeper than 400,000 levels, but then I suspect you'd see inode problems long before you'd have a chance to walk through them with LC).

The question is: How do we handle error conditions when a folder cannot be accessed?

The original code you had bails because it isn't doing appropriate error checking, and Alex' modification bails whenever it encounters a folder it can't access.

Unless you write some code to handle that differently, it's bailing either way.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems