On 10/12/2014, 1:17 PM, la...@significantplanet.org wrote:
btw, I spoke to a programmer friend of mine (who used to work for
Novell) and he said he'd never heard anything like that in the
several programming languages he knows.

It's been in x-talk since HyperCard.

BTW, the "trueword" token was introduced as part of the unicode implementation, so you'll only see it in LC version 7.0. When we all adopt that version, we will be able to choose between the "logical" word boundaries (trueword) and the historical boundaries (the HyperCard method, which also includes punctuation as part of words.)