Thanks Jackie - I believe the bug report is accurate. I've tried setting the dontUseQt all three ways (and that's pretty good for a boolean!)

On 12/18/2014 3:46 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
On 12/18/2014, 11:57 AM, Ray wrote:
Klaus - I tried setting the dontUseQt to true but had no luck.  Just
thought you might like to know.  Thanks for the suggestion. It's still
good to know this global exists.  I've filed it as a bug report.

It is set to true by default now, you want to set it to *false*. That allows QT to run: dontUseQT = false means *do* use QT.

I already submitted a bug report about the change in the QT default settings, and it was closed as not a bug because Apple has deprecated QT. But if changing the dontUseQT to false still doesn't work, then your bug report is accurate.