Brahmanathaswami wrote:

"it depends"

got it... for me it's not about protecting anything..

it's about..eg.

on resizestack x,y
   set the rect of some grc to the rect of this card
# and other tricks here  relating to dynamic geometry changes...
end resize stack

This gets triggered by a substack that does not have those controlled.

How do you do this in real code

on resizestack x,y
  if this stack is not the stack that this handler resides in then
    do nothing
else
   set the rect of some grc to the rect of this card
# and other tricks here  relating to dynamic geometry changes...
   end if
end resizestack

If the mainstack is a single card, just put the handler in the card script.

If the mainstack has multiple cards, put the handler in a common group script.

If neither of those are viable in your setup, you could add a check to make sure the long name of "me" is in the long ID of the target.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems