A new version of the MasterLibrary is available at the link below. Since the library has grown so much, it was feeling a bit sluggish, so I did some refactoring that greatly reduced the amount of parsing of the library and went to an index based approach. I have no idea why I did not take this approach in the first place, as it is both faster and significantly less code.

I submitted the old version with a performance related bug submission, in hopes that it might help the development team identify performance issues in the 7.x series. The same code on the 6.x and 7.x runs very differently. With the new version, you only experience a delay at startup and when the index is rebuilt. Unfortunately it is still slower on 7.0.

Enjoy...
   Mike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wpwn3hfbmpl7sk/MasterLibrary.livecode?dl=0