Whew,   it is now:

Original: 449
Latest:    487      on 7.0.2 ( rc2)

and
Original: 121
Latest:    138  on 6.6.4

This is the difference between repeat with i = 1 to whatever and repeat for each line i in whatever. Wow!

-= Mike

On 2/25/15 7:38 PM, Mike Bonner wrote:
Wow, thats awful.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Michael Doub <miked...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yuck... I just tried this on 7.0.2 (rc2)

Original:  11184
Latest:     11321

On 2/25/15 7:23 PM, Michael Doub wrote:

if any one is interested.   I did this hoping that it would speed up my
parsing.  As it turns out my original version was faster.   The original
had 8 separate matchTexts with straight forward expresions, where the last
version had 2 matchtexts with expressions lots of alternatives.

Original:  1620 millisec
Latest: 1641 millisec

For the curious: https://www.dropbox.com/s/20j4iy4oomrr12c/Parser.
livecode?dl=0