I tried turning off all openstack and opencard scripts. Nothing I do prevents that black screen from showing up on my iPhone 6+. I'll have to settle with using the splash screen tied in through the IOS settings page, then going directly to the first main navigational card in my stack. At least this way, the app starts up by immediately showing the splash screen, followed by a brief one second black screen, then the main navigational screen.