On 3/10/2015 2:08 PM, Terence Heaford wrote:
I want to resize the chart as the user drags the window but both
6.7.3 and 7.0.3 stutter quite badly under the strain of rebuilding
the chart.
7.0.3 is obviously worse then 6.7.3 at doing this.

I am looking for ideas on a better way of doing this?
One immediate area for improvement might be the delete routine which is:

on deleteChart
      lock screen
      repeat for each line tID in the childControlIDs of me
            delete control id tID of me
      end repeat
      unlock screen
end deleteChart

Is there a call that will delete all the items at once rather than
having to iterate through the childControlIDs?

Besides locking the screen, also lock messages. I'd avoid deleting/recreating everything too, it would be better to just resize the existing controls, which is much faster. If that isn't possible for some reason, group as many child controls as possible and delete whole groups.