Fantastic! Seems to do the job admirably, and the small tweaks I needed in my
particular case actually worked. What an excellent collection!

Thanks also to all others who replied - I have a kind of scepticism about XML
that perhaps I shall never overcome, but I do feel now that I can tackle my
current task.

Graham