On 4/8/2015 11:33 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:
After several years of using Livecode, I still don't understand how the IDE
decides when a stack needs to be saved when I quit from it.

As an example,  if I delete a substack by script then quit, the stack isn't
saved.  If I change the vale of a custom property by script then quit, the
stack isn't saved.  Same thing happens if I add a new substack by script.
And if I change the value of a custom property by script.

Surely the IDE should be aware that a save is needed in those
circumstances?

Basically it knows you made a change when you do something manually. Changing anything by script is sent directly to the engine and the IDE doesn't know about it.