On 5/15/2015 4:21 PM, dfepst...@comcast.net wrote:
I think I can work around this IF the "substack name conflict
problem" is only a problem for the LiveCode UI.  In other words if in
my own scripts I am careful always to refer to a substack by its long
name, am I safe even if two substacks have the same short name?

Probably. The data loss will occur in a standalone as well as the IDE, the only difference is that the IDE puts up a warning. But if you're careful to always reference the long name of the stack it should be safe I'd think.