I set up a couple of benchmark stacks a while back:

<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22072>

Bad thing was that the team wanted to see „real live scenarios“ (which most of
my benchmark stacks are, just boiled down to the core of the problems as I
found them). I was able to fly over to Edinburgh and discuss many of the
problematic areas with the team. I guess the more „real live“ scenarios they
see, the better as it might help find optimisations. Until the speed issues are
resolved I am stuck with 6.7 for productive work, which is a shame because for
one project I would urgently need to be able to support arabic RTL input. But I
guess the old rule applies: First you make it work, then you make it fast.
Impatiently waiting for the latter. :-)

Best,

Malte