(once more, it took my quad core i5 ten or fifteen minutes to build a
standalone yesterday).

Do you have 'search for required inclusions' turned on?

If so - try turning it off and see if you get a performance improvement.

Not knowing the structure of the app you are trying to build I can't say that it will help - just that if it is large, then searching for required inclusions is a linear process it does every time and so can be a cause of slow-down when building standalones.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps