Mark Wieder wrote:
> The problem is that "pretty good" isn't good enough for LiveCode
> positioning itself in the marketplace, and that bodes ill for all
> of us who hope for its continued existence. We old-timers are more
> willing to accept some of the flaws, the degradations in performance,
> the long-standing bugs, the lack of features, etc. Folks
> investigating LC as a development platform won't be as forgiving.

I'd like to live in an ideal world too. I just recognize the world we're in.

And thankfully, warts and all, none of the issues with LiveCode are preventing Trevor, myself, and many others from shipping products made with it.

>> If moving into the present with LiveCode 7 seems like a lot of work,
>> talk to Python 2 fans migrating their code to Python 3. ;)
>
> Heh. Yeah. Python is quite particular about versions. I've had to
> move my code to Python 3.3, not just 3.2 any more, because there
> were too many incompatibilities.

Exactly - warts and all, that hasn't stopped a good many people from using Python.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems